Dear Parents/Guardians & Staff:
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and has been discussing the potential impact on schools. At this time there are no reported cases in New Jersey. We continue to follow the guidance provided by the New Jersey Department of Education and the New Jersey Department of Health. Please see important links below:
COVID-19 Resources and Information from the NJ Department of Health
COVID-19 Resources and Information from the CDC
The Brick Township Public Schools are implementing an enhanced cleaning and sanitizing schedule at all of our schools, including disinfecting all door knobs, desks, bathroom fixtures, and other frequently shared items. In addition, our bus drivers will be wiping down all bus seats on a regular basis.
In keeping with the CDC’s guidance, we encourage you to reinforce with your children the importance of everyday preventive actions for preventing the flu and other viruses, including health officials’ advice to:
● Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or into your sleeve, not your hands;
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
● Wash hands often with soap and water - for at least 20 seconds - especially before eating or after going to the bathroom, blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing;
● Keep your children home when they are sick. Children should not return to school unless they have been fever-free without medication for 24 hours;
● Avoid people who are sick;
● Clean and disinfect frequently-touched surfaces and objects.
We will continue to keep you updated with any further directives or information that impacts our school community.
Thomas G. Farrell, Ed. D.
Superintendent of Schools